Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day

I have been wanting to play with this stamp set for a long time, I pulled it out & grabbed some paper to use a couple of days ago. I'll bet this stamp "True Happiness" has been sitting in my favorites box screaming "play with me" for at least 2 months! These unique trees have so much personality! The trees are stamped in brown first then on another piece of CS I stamped them in moonstruck, chrystal blue, & topiary ink. Once again I picked up my scissors (ha, ha) & cut out all the colored tree tops! Some are pop dotted on to add zing. The paper pack chosen is a delightful set called "Stardust." That paper is what gave me the inspiration for the non-traditional colors of the trees.

2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Oh my - just love how you paper pieced the row of trees.

Unknown said...

The stamp has the trees in a row. I just stamped them in different colors cut them out & paper peiced them overtop of the brown stamped image. That way I didn't have to cut tree trunks (to small)I picked colors that matched the paper!I like how whimsical the trees are! It's a cute stamp set.