Saturday, July 25, 2009

From plain white to Spunky Color

My First tutorial! I picked my favorite embellishment, chipboard. I love our chipboard because it is color ready. It comes white, giving you so many more options. You can ink it, chalk it, stamp it, stain it, stack it, sponge it, put rub-ons on it, cover it with paper & so much more! The flower in this colorful card is chipboard that I stamped on, sponged, stacked & added a rhinestone to. I love how it turned out.



Sometimes I can make bright colors work! I was inspired by the paper that comes in the "Bella" Paper Kit. The colors on this card are Hollyhock & Creme Brulee.




This is a sheet of chipboard flowers. I chose two different sizes to embellish & stack.

















Using my Sponge Texture Tool & Creme Brulee ink I dabbed the tool into the ink several times & touched it gently to the chipboard again & again repeating the inking process until it was the color I wanted & completely covered.







I sponged both pieces of chipboard & let dry.

















Apply your Acrylix stamp to the clear block & ink up. I used "Spot On Backgrounds" I love this set for adding fun designs to paper or embellishments. One of the great benefits of clear stamps is that you can see through the stamp to make sure that you have good ink coverage on your image & for placement.




This is what my chipboard piece looked like after stamping the background stamp with hollyhock ink.






I always use glue dots to adhere my chipboard because they are a very strong holding adhesive. Make sure to put your embellishment onto the glue dot because if you touch them with your fingers they become a "glue bugger!"





Apply to top of bigger flower for more dimension & impact. Make sure placement is correct. Once you set a glue dot down it won't come back up.








Bling it up with our sparkles. It adds a fun element to your artwork.





I like to use tweezers for just the right placement






My flower has pizazz! What do you think? Try it and let me know how it worked for you!





No comments: