Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Open Your "Wings" & Soar!

Look at what we found! While we were packing our camper to go away for the weekend a bird kept flying out of the tree at us every time we walked by with another load for the camper. After a while I thought she must have a nest in there & look what we found. How sweet is that! Two newborn chicks & two eggs unhatched.
New chipboard...Yippie! You have to check out the "Irresistibles" Dimensionals elements. The pattern is clear embossed on the letters and all you need to do is add ink! They are awesome! (This is one of my favorite items in the new catty) When our new catalog came out & I saw the "Wings WOTG" kit I new just the pictures to use with this paper. The "My Stickease" were a perfect match for my photos. Some of you know that I usually have a hard time with stickers, but...these were perfect. I did add some ink to them, I know what you are going to say..."She's got to cover the white space!" Yup that's me! I always seem to alter them in some way & just have to use my stencil brushes or sponges! The bird is a stamp rolled in several colors of ink & cut out. I only adhered the body to the sticker tag to leave movement in his wings. When stamp rolling aways start with your lightest color (sweat leaf) & then roll other colors (blush, & vineyardberry) onto the edges of the stamp. Very pretty effect when using leaves & flowers.

The flowers are from our "Just Blooms Spring Blossom" pack & "White Daisy" Variety Pack. Just sponge a little ink in the middle & around the edges & wala you have a beautiful flower to match your layout or card. The White Daisy flowers are on sale right now on my website. Be sure to check the "While Supplies Last" clearance center as there are even more goodies (lots of great ribbon & flower packs) marked down to 75% off!! Whoo Hoo! The gorgeous centers of the flowers are our "Filigree Charms." Aren't they amazing. They come in a package of eight and are pewter charms with brads. I rubbed them across brown StazOn ink & set them aside to dry. It creates a vibrant coppery color. You have to use a permanent ink (like StazOn) as it will work on all nonporous materials such as; metal, plastic, glass, coated paper and more.


Look at the flourishes in these letters! I love it! (Imagine that!) Yes, this stamp set, "Bohemian Alphabet" is something I had to have. With clear blocks & clear stamps our alpha sets are so easy to use. Just stick all the letters you need to make your word on the block & you can easily stamp them right where you want them every time! No more lopsided letters or place a stamp tool. Once again our My Acrylix stamps are "Faster, Simpler & Easier!"


The card below is one of my favorites. When I get started making tag backgrounds I generally make a bunch of them. You never know how the colors are going to blend until they dry. Once I get started & see how pretty they are, I think "What will these three colors look like together" & before you know it I have 50 tags in different colors! I'm actually at a point were I need to make more. I've used almost all of them up! This one had just the perfect colors for the Wings paper. If you would like to have a workshop on how to make these tags let me know & I will put something together.
The butterfly & sentiment are embossed with "Black Embossing Powder. It really is a striking effect. This Stamp set has a place in my heart as it is just my type of design! It was the January SOTM (Stamp of the Month) "Find Your Style" I hope they add it to our inventory in the next catalog.

No comments: