Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A couple of more "Miracle Kit" cards

I guess I just can't get enough of this paper! It's very pretty & seems to work with any theme. Both of the patterns for these cards came from MOJO Monday. I completed them to late to enter in their contest & links, but I do love the way they turned out. I seem to always step it up a notch when "Mojoing!" (Is that a word??!)
The large flower is a rolled rose. I started with a ripped piece of colonial white & edged with Sky ink. I also curled the ripped side of the paper. The rose adds beauty & charm to the card with a rhinestone in the middle. The light blue scalloped edge is one of the patterns from our "Kraft Color Ready Borders" I put Heavenly Blue embossing powder on the sticky side of the scallop & heated it. I love the crackled effect it created.
This is one of my favorite cards! I made the flower with our 2" scallop punch & a folding technique. The flower center is one of our colonial white designer brads with our small pearls surrounding it & one in the middle of the brad. The flower wasn't as big as I wanted so I punched out 4 more Chrystal blue scallop circles & distressed them by sanding & curling the edges & placed them around the underside of the flower to create larger petals & more of a dramatic look. I wanted the flower to be the focal point of the card. The leaves are free handed with dry embossing, wrinkling & sanding so they look more realistic, they are edged with a touch of dessert sand ink. We can't forget my favorite embellishment...chipboard! Especially our "Miracle Dimensional Elements" with an resist pattern already on them, just add coordinating ink and Wallah" you have a beautiful matching 3 dimensional embellishment. (I also added pearls to it for the body) The scallop border is from our "Kraft Ready Borders." this is the first time & tried the wrinkle technique with the ribbon. It's so easy; tie your bow & gently & slowly heat it with your heat gun & it will shrink irregularly adding a shabby chic look to it. I can't wait to give these cards to graduating seniors this year!

No comments: