Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Flower Power & Christmas Card Class


Look at all these fun colors! What would these cost at a store? Join my in my "Flower Power Class" and learn how to make these multilayered flowers for pennies of what you would pay at the store! It's easy if you have the right tools. Let me show you how you can make your flowers to match your cards & pages! Then you will always have a color that matches.

These beautiful flowers are made out of silks & satins. Aren't they pretty! You really need to see them, they look so much better than the picture shows. You can decorate the middles with rhinestones, glitter brads, buttons, pearls & so much more. Think of the possibilities...Mix and match colors, create more layers, use different texture/patterned materials, ect. ect. Once again when I got started I couldn't quit... Check out the next picture!

Everytime I dropped Alyssa off at soccer practice I had to go to the material store & see if they had another color that I "Would just have to have!" I'll post more pictures next week after the crop of some of the other colors. The purples are my favorite. (Imagine that!) I have a light purple (shown in the picture) & two rich darker colors that are just beautiful.

When it comes to making flowers...I just can't stop! These are sooo much fun to create. When I get done with one color I can't wait to see what the next color will look like! You'll never guess what these are made from. Come to my "Flower Power" class this weekend & let me show you how to create these beauties yourself & you won't believe how easy they are.
Class Details:
When: Saturday, Nov 13, 2:00
Where: Springhill Suites Hotel, 5250 28th Street, SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512
Cost: $10. or FREE with a $25.00 order
What to bring: sharp scissors
Stop in and visit us at my Weekend Retreat this weekend and participate in the Flower Power Class or Christmas Card Class.
Christmas Card Class
When: Friday night Nov. 12th at 7:30.
Same location.
What to Bring: Adhesives & scissors
Cost: $10.00 for 6 cards or FREE with a $25.00 order.
Please call or email me with your RSVP for either class.

1 comment:

Jill Myers said...

yay!yay!yay! I am FINALLY going to get a chance to make some of these absolutely fabulous flowers!! I've been wanting to try this at home but wait: it will be waaay more fun to do them surrounded by friends at your crop! Can't wait!! See you Saturday!