Thursday, May 21, 2009

Quick & Easy Cards with a Splash!

Enjoy these quick & easy cards!

I used the Botanical "Fancy Cuts." These trendy die-cut flowers
are so easy to work with! They can be sanded, layered , stamped
on, curled (as I did) & pop dotted to add dimension. I love putting
a button or rhinestone in the middle of the flower, it adds that
element that makes the card zing! Use the fun front with patterns
& different colors or create your own patterns & colors on the
back. They are a cardstock weigh, two sided & come in a package
of 3 12 x 12 sheets in various colors. Add a quick splash of color to
your scrapbook pages or cards with these floral designs. ** To curl them I wrapped individual petals around a skinny tool (a pencil or
even something skinnier) I also pressed on the petals to create fold
lines to add more interest & dimension. Of course I had to get my
cuttle bug out & add texture to the solid CS! Gotta love the "bug"!
After I ran the CS through, I sanded & sponged with the sorbet
ink over the dots to add just a touch of the color, sometimes it's
the little things that matter. Adding that little bit of color really pulled the look of the card together. I only sanded the spring Iris
CS & the flower & added blush ink to the petals. Can you tell I love to distress! Give it a try & let me know how it works for you.









No comments: